Thursday, June 30, 2011

Completed Project: Modern Accents Tote

All the hanging threads have been snipped and all the crinkles ironed out! My Modern Accent Tote is complete, and just in time for me to take it his weekend to Cape Cod.

I found the pattern extremely user-friendly and it was full of informative pictures. The pattern itself was about 35 pages due to all the pictures, and it also included pattern pieces and dimensions for the patchwork pieces on the outside.

I only made a few minor changes. For the straps, the pattern recommended folding and ironing 1/4 inch down both sides, then folding in half and sewing. I constantly burn my fingers when trying to iron little seams, so instead I sewed a tube then turned it right side out and top-stitched both sides. I also added gussets to the bottoms. It made the bag a little smaller, but it suits my needs because I was going for more of a "purse" than a big tote.

No comments:

Post a Comment